Okay we did not hit any of this locations listed above but the quote summarizes my life as I know it. Domestic bliss, here is how it all went down. Since this weekend was our last event-free weekend of the summer, we decided to engage in some domestic duties. It started with cleaning the basement at 10Am which was followed by a trip to the dump.
NOTE - The dump could be a whole separate entry itself, but it always amazes me the sub-culture of waiting around for others trash. I was accosted yesterday by two men (friendly) who desperately wanted my old boxes and a busted up CPU (don't worry hard drive was removed).
From the dump it was off to the in-laws to borrow their power washer, for those who don't know what that is click here. I also scored three different types of day lilies from my father in-law (1 is pictured below). The Hubby thinks they're ugly, I told him that he is ugly.
Then once we got home, round two began. I promptly began strategically plating the lilies and watering. Then I took out the power washer and cleaned all the dirt and grime off the siding on the house and shed. It was so much fun and the water mist felt so good since I sweat like a dude and had already soaked through my t-shirt.......seriously this is what my life has become. Then I whipped out the hedge trimmer and mowed down a ugly shrub that is taking up precious full-sun garden space and trimmed some Holly bushes. After I put all the tools away, it was time to continue cutting up branches in the corner of our backyard. Okay it is kinda a eyesore and it was supposed to get down last summer, but we're busy. I only made a small dent in the back.
At this point I could barely walk and wobbled in to shower off a full days worth of caked dirt, bug spray, and sweat. I don't think that I've felt so good all summer. Unfortunately today the yard won't get touched for I have school work to finish up and the inside of a house to clean. Boo.
Here are some garden updates:

Day Lilies that my FIL gave me, I guess they are native to the area and spread like claymadia. They will be great for the front of the house. These are the ones the Hubby said were ugly.
Another orange day lily but with much wider petals. These came with the house and I recently split them so they are not as abundant this year.
The much anticipated Dahlia. I planted these back in April and they are finally blooming. I thought that the color was going to be deep red, but it is actually a brillant deep purple. The flowers are huge but unfortuantley leaves are being eatten by aphids.
2 comments:
I am impressed with all of this yardwork! And the lillies are not ugly; the Dahlias are gorgeous!
You have a beautiful garden. I am jealous of your green thumb! keep the pics coming.
Post a Comment