Monday, June 23, 2008

Emotional Diarrhoea

I have no motivation tonight. I have a paper that NEEDS to get done and I just don't wanna.......my procrastination on the paper before yielded an A, so I am hoping that last minute writing will work its magic again.

On to some serious issues, I found out today that a co-worker of mine lost his battle with cancer this weekend and passed away on Saturday. He had been battling cancer since I began at the company over two years ago and for a while it looked like he beat it. Then it came back, raging. It is very core shaking when a person so young and vibrant dies. I am not talking 50's young, I mean in their early 30's young. My god he was only 5 yrs older than me, young.

Maybe I am selfish but what causes me the most pain is thinking of his finance', who I have never met before and who's story I know only through mutual ties. I grieve for her and the years she's lost and the children she will not bare with him. I cried over the thought of her signing a death certificate instead of a marriage license. I think of her coming home to a empty house with pillows and linens that still smell of him and opening up his mail. I think of her and realize how we walk the line and any moment that could be me. From this I hold the hubby a little tighter and give thanks that today it is not us. I silently vow to be more patient and accomplish our dreams now because life can't be squeezed into a terminal death sentence.

1 comment:

Ripe for Reading said...

That is absolutely horrible.