Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tis the season

Presents......Unwrapped
Cookies........Unfinished and un-giveable
House..........A mess

Friday was a half day at work which was nice given the horrible commute we had during the first snow storm of last year (>7 hrs). So when the snow flakes started to fall, I was sitting comfy in my living room. Friday's storm only resulted in about 6 inches but we had light snow fall all day Saturday. I was able to get out of the house late Saturday to do some more shopping and hit the Christmas Tree Shoppes for some tins and gift bags. I somehow confused myself with Martha and thought I was joyfully going to bake cookies all day like my mother used to. Flash back to reality........the cookies sucked and I gave up. Well they did not all suck, the raspberry shortbread ones rocked but you need a assortment of cookies for gift tins.

Sunday's storm has been much worse............it has not stopped at day and has resulted in another 6-8 inches of snow and it is still coming. I should really start wrapping my gifts.......Christmas is almost here. Here are some pictures to demonstrate why I should stick to PLANNING TO MAKE COOKIES but not actually make them.


What they should look like...... My reality

These molasses ginger snaps might not look too bad but in reality they tasted like ass. I didn't have enough molasses so I had to use some honey. Also the recipe called for crystallized ginger, and I only had fresh ginger......ASS

One nice thing about having your own family is starting new traditions. For the last three years, Kris and I have made our own wine which we distribute at Christmas and throughout the year.......here is our collection. Maybe if we like you, you'll get a bottle :-)

2 comments:

Ripe for Reading said...

You crack me up! I didn't make cookies this year. I did make bread pudding though...not that I could sample it or anything!

Hope you had a great Christmas! Let's hang out soon!

New Englander at Heart said...

I didn't know you made wine, how did I not know that! Red, White?